Your (former) Quizzomaster and Scorebabe: Ready for Action

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What a Feeling!

I now understand why blogs always have that mea culpa entry, flailing themselves for abandoning their readers. As if countless thousands of people were having their days ruined, RUINED I say, by not having their 45 second diversion from work (that's right, I know where you are right now). But I did say I was going to be absent for a while, working on the Free For All and what not. OK, mostly it's been what not. Sue me. BTW, I'm rocking the mic tomorrow through Saturday at Love's Labor's Lost; if you see me there give me a high five or a wedgie or something.

So this week was much more pleasant wasn't it? Renegade, Ashlee Simpson, Lazy Sunday, The Aristocats all made appearances. The soundtrack was kickin'. I saw you kids grooving along to Irene Cara; don't try to deny the power of her siren song... The questions were a bit friendlier, the handouts were, literally, easy, your scores were higher and no one threatened to punch me in the nut sack. All in all a pleasant evening. True, I almost stumped the room entirely with Conky, but one intrepid team saved you all the pain of hearing that question next week. Beautiful.

Oh, and what was up with all the cute girls in the place? I swear, don't you people know that Quizzo is traditionally only played by ultra dorky boys? I have noticed an alarming trend of more and more female dominated or even exclusively female teams participating in our evening's festivities. People, if word gets out that DC is filled with women who are cute and smart we're going to blow our national image totally. Now if we could just get the ladies to win more frequently so we could get more of their pictures on our site. Hmmmm...

Anyway, here's how the kids did this week.

GAME ONE

Wolfowitz Offers to Show Sheehan His Retirement Package 36









Clavins 34









Lindsay Gets Her 3UI 28 (Tiebreak winner)










Pediatric Gynocologists 24
Lowered Expectations 28
Low Expectations 16
The Go Gos (We're Still on Vacation) 17
Fuck Lindsay Lohan, Gimme Hannah Montana 22
It's Not Easy Being "3" 16
A Shell of Our Former Selves 20
Poor-o at the Quiz House 16
All Hail the Grist 23
I Play with Myself All the Time 27
The Elephant Sat on the Bar 18
Pink or Choco Taco? 11

GAME TWO (Toys that will never be in the National Toy Hall of Fame)
Partial Birth Operation 35









Don't Piss On the Electric Fence 32









Clavins Action Figure 31










16 Inch Dildo Lawn Darts 13
Star Jones Light Saber Dildo 27
Bobby Brown's Raggedy Whitney Doll 24
George W. Speak & Spell 23
Richard Pryor's Corpse ("The Toy") 19
My Little "Boney" 22
French Tickler Me Elmo 26
Gerber Baby Rubber Vagina 29
Stephen Hawking Action Figure 25
Electric Frozen Flag Poles 24
Obese Barbie 12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neal and Becca,
It is with a sad heart that I must announce that the Team at The Bar's Annual Summer Hiatus (TATBASH, if you will - us military folk cant resist a good acronym) has begun. Wing and I have pressing engagements every tuesday evening from now until august at the Marine Corps War Memorial. Hope for rain and then maybe we'll see ya! Otherwise I'll keep checking in and see you in August!
- Axel

Anonymous said...

TATB, you will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Good web site you have got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Also visit my web blog cost of dental implants