Your (former) Quizzomaster and Scorebabe: Ready for Action

Monday, May 14, 2007

It is Ovah!


"We came. We saw. We kicked it's ass!" So went up the mighty battle cry of the winning teams after the completion of the first ever City vs. City Smackdown: at least the DC leg of the event. There are still many a burg that will complete the event tomorrow (yes, we will try harder to get everyone to play on the same night in the future), so I can't go into too many details except to say I think DC did not embarrass itself in the least.

Were the questions tough? Surely. This is Quizzo. Were the teams up to the challenge? Hells, yes. Then again, we're kinda playing in avacuum here. Who knows how we'll compare with the others...? Only time will tell.

The evening began with a few gettin' ready for battle tunes (who doesn't get pumped up by "Lose Yourself?") and segueing into a lovely little tune by The Magnetic Fields called "Washington, DC." You could feel the city pride rising in the crowd. That pride carried through to the end of the evening where, when the winners were announced, something happened I'd never seen before at Quizzo: the losing teams cheered, yes, flat out cheered for the winners. Then again, maybe they were just happy it wasn't The Clavins?

I'm tired and I go to bed proud of my teams. Of course, tomorrow I'll wake to discover that we were blown away by Philly, but for tonight, we rest as champions. Sweet dreams.

(Winners' details to follow in a future post. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like the tennis question from this week was off as it seems all the Grand Slams expect for the U.S. Open don't use tie-breaks in the final set http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_score#Scoring_a_tie-break_game.

Neal Racioppo said...

Thanks for the comment. You're right, the question/answer were flawed. Sorry about that. IN the future though, site me a source other than Wikipedia. I just don't trust it. See you next week!