Your (former) Quizzomaster and Scorebabe: Ready for Action

Monday, May 14, 2007

Torturous Questions

"My main man. Tell me something, OK? What is the problem with Michael Jackson?"
Interrogator, Three Kings

So we're less than seven hours away from the first City vs City Quizzo and things, finally, are set. Things were actually much closer to set this morning when I received the questions for tonight, but decidedly far from set when, while loading the audio round onto my iPod, the indespensible little mother went kablooey and froze up on me. Oh, Crap.

But now a few hours later, hot tempers have had a chance to cool and after banging the iPod on my desk, depriving it of legal council and holding it under water for a few minutes (I learned so much from my stay in Guantanamo!) the little bugger is behaving. The audio round is all set. And actually, it's my favorite round.

I was a little nervous about using questions written by other quizzomasters, their tone is just a little drier than mine, but now I'm over it and looking forward to tonight. What the questions lack in pizzazz they make up for in variety of topic and ... what's the word I'm looking for? Ruthlessness? Let's just say, there's no grey area about what the questions are asking and what the answers are. Whereas my questions can be a little ornate leaving people asking themselves "Does he want the name of the song or the band or the shoe size of the lead singer?" These are all very straight forward. Tell me the name of the dog on Frasier ... or die. I think you'll enjoy them, if you survive. See you all tonight!

1 comment:

Yr. Hmbl. & Obdt. said...

The character's name is Eddie; the actual dog's name is Moose, to whom Kelsey Grammer dedicated his first Emmy win. There. Now will you release my family from your basement?