Your (former) Quizzomaster and Scorebabe: Ready for Action

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Day One: I am eaten by sharks

OK, so I've been running Quizzo for over five years. I've barely missed a Tuesday. Rain or shine (has shine really ever delayed anything important? Just asking.), snow or sleet, Election Night or State of the Union (these things are big in this town I'm told), I am THERE. Yes, we usually take off between Christmas and New Years and yes, I have had subs when illness or alien abduction has interfered, but otherwise, I'm Mr. Reliable. With the insanely reliable players I have, really I have to be. Anyway, my point is, I'm not some bush league host who shows up and doesn't know his material. So why, why, why, have I never had a damn web-page to promote this thing that I've sunk a good chunk of my life into?

Basically, I was waiting to see if this internets thing took off or not.

The point is, this City vs. City Quizzo thing has come up and the other cities participating have really cool websites so I thought about freaking time I stepped up. So, my daughter pointed me in the right direction and now I'm typing. This will get better (it can only right?) I am sure.

OK: First lame post is done. I look forward to turning this into a blog worthy of you, the fine reader. See you later.

No comments: