Your (former) Quizzomaster and Scorebabe: Ready for Action

Friday, May 11, 2007

Begun it has

So, I outed myself the owner of a small, mangy Quizzo blog today. So now you all know. Guess I better come up with some things to say eventually...

I'm actually about to run out and lose all my money to friends at a poker game, but before I did so I wanted to point everyone to a Washington Post piece written by Fritz Hahn about the City vs. City Smackdown.

How great is it to live in a city where one of the Going Out Gurus is a trivia nutjob? Lucky me. Fritz plays all coy like he can't figure out why he loves our game so much. He won't just own up the fact that he's a little obsessed with useless information. If I had a dollar for every time he tried to pimp some wholly bizarre piece of information to me that "would make a great question," I would have many more dollars to lose at my poker game tonight.

A few quick things to refute in the article ... You do not have to be there by 6 to play. Fritz asked when people should show up and I suggested early (I know Tuesday night tables can fill up as early as 5:30), but it is not mandatory to "register" (what?) by 6. Hell, come late. We'll still let you play.

Also, about the spies. It's true. We've hired a team of tiny ninjas (possibly related to Eastern Market fishmongers) to patrol the grounds looking for unscrupulous scallywags who would attempt to profit through inappropriate means. So don't even try it people. You don't want to go out like that.

Have a beautiful weekend. Call your moms.

No comments: